Friday, January 29, 2010

Marian Shrine | Knock Shrine | Ireland’s National Marian Shrine |

The Story of Knock began on the 21st August 1879 when Our Lady, St. Joseph and St. John the Evangelist appeared at the south gable of Knock Parish Church. The apparition was witnessed by fifteen people, young and old. From this miraculous Apparition Knock has grown to the status of an internationally recognised Marian Shrine.

The personal pilgrimage of Pope John Paul II in 1979, commemorating the centenary of the apparition, inspired an even greater devotion to the Shrine and endorsed the indelible seal of Vatican approval. Mother Teresa of Calcutta visited the Shrine in June of 1993. One and a half million pilgrims visit the Shrine annually.

I have been here, by Divine Providence, twice!! And, I say by Divine Providence mostly because it's a place out of all the major Marian Apparition sites that I would not chose first...I always wanted to see Our Lady of Guadelupe's Shrine in Mexico and Lourdes and Fatima first...and, of course, I am open to ALL marian shrines! LOL

I am so very glad Divine Providence took me here twice and always pondered why. It was a wonderful gift!

Posted via web from I'm just one Roman Catholic

No comments: