Friday, January 8, 2010

Prayer

 
 

"Prayer is not only the mutual presence of God and the soul. It is also a relationship between them, a relationship of intimacy, exchange, activity, and life indeed, it is the highest kind of life there is, the life of love, divine love."
       

~Canon Jacques Leclercq

 

For Reflection:

 

What characterizes my prayer life - is it a monologue rather than a dialogue; is it a stream of rote prayers with no thought or meditation involved, is it a "grocery list" of petitions or "I wants?" Or, is my prayer life a relationship of intimacy, exchange, and love between God and my soul? How can I work more fervently toward this latter description?


Source: Johnette B. http://www.womenofgrace.com 

Women of Grace Daily Gracelines (free in your inbox)

Posted via email from I'm just one Roman Catholic

No comments: