Friday, January 15, 2010

Words of Wisdom

One night a man was sleeping in his cabin when suddenly his room filled with light and God appeared to him giving him a mandate saying:
- "There is a large rock in front of your hut: from now on, day after day, I want you to" push " with all your strength." 


Surprised at the sight the man decided to obey. 


For many years he toiled dawn to dusk, with his clothes torn, feeling that their effort was in vain. 


- Seeing the discouragement, the adversary (Satan) decided to enter the picture by placing thoughts in his mind all worn. 


- You have pushed that rock for so long, and she did not move. Do not you better give up? Leave this task to another. 


These thoughts discouraged and gave him the impression that the task was too much for him and that he was a failure. 


- Why should I kill myself doing this? He thought.  What a waste of my God-given life! I just put effort in doing what the Lord asked me;
However, after all this time, I can not move the rock…not even by a millimeter. What is wrong? I failed? 


Lord, in His infinite mercy and knowing the grief that took care of that heart, replied:
- "My son, when I told you to serve Me and you accepted, I explained that your task would be to push the rock with all his strength every day, and that's what you have done. I had never ordered the move. His task was only to push it. Why do you think you failed? Look at you!
Your arms are strong and muscular, your back is stiff and tanned, your hands are callused, your legs became muscular and strong. You got many attributes and they make you BETTER than before!
You have not moved the rock, but note: your calling was to be OBEDIENT and to PUSH it,
exercising your faith and trust in Me.
And that you did. NOW, I will move the rock!


Sometimes we interpret what God really means.
In all truth, exercise the FAITH that moves mountains, but know that it is still God who MOVES them!

So ...
- When everything seems wrong
- When work lets you down
- When people do not act the way you expect
- When your money is gone and the bills appear
- When people do not understand you ..................... 

only - PUSH!
P. = Pray (Pray)
U. = Until (until)
S. = (something)
        H. = Happens (happens)
.... "PRAY UNTIL SOMETHING HAPPENS"


Posted via email from I'm just one Roman Catholic

No comments: