Friday, January 14, 2011

Pray for Christians in Pakistan.

I am posting this for my friend (like a family member) Fr Aftab.
He REALLY needs prayer of protection for himself (he is very involved in peace projects between Christians and Muslims in Pakistan and it's very dangerous).
He also asks for prayer.
I do include his address in case you wish to send a Mass card.
(PS: isn't it great news?! Our beloved John Paul the 'Great' will be beatified on May 1st, Divine Mercy Sunday!!!!)

------

Recv'd today:

Dear Kelly and family,

Greetings. How are you?
A few days ago, the Holy Father Pope Benedict demanded from the government of Pakistan, the repeal of blasphemy law and release of Asia Bibi, a Christian woman, who has been sentenced to death after being accused of blasphemy.
After Pope issued the statement, the fundamentalists, extremists and Muslim clergy has expressed a strong reaction to it and have demanded that Pope should ask parson from the Muslim World.
Announcements were made that after the Friday prayers, rallies will be organized against Pope and his demand will be condemned. Articles are being written in the Newspaper against the statement and demand of the Holy Father. I very humbly request you o please pray for the safety and security of the Christians in Pakistan.
On January 21, I will leave for Switzerland to attend an International Conference on the issue of Conversions. The conference will be for 4 days. I will present a paper of the theme in the context of Pakistan.
After the conference, I will go to Germany, where my friends have already chalked a 3 days program. I will give talks to different groups about the situation of Christians in Pakistan.
I will come back to Pakistan on January 28. I hope that during my stay abroad, I will be able to stay in contact with you.
May God bless you abundantly!
With prayers and best wishes,
Fr. Aftab.

 
Fr. Aftab James Paul.
Director,
Diocesan Commission for Interfaith Dialogue and Ecumenism.
Diocesan Bible Commission.
Catholic Bishop's House.
P.O. Box 87
Railway Road,
Faisalabad 38000,
Pakistan.



No comments: